The most popular messaging app right now, WhatsApp Messenger, is one great app. It’s simple to use, thus, letting you easily send messages and files for free. Though it’s fun to use on phones, sometimes, you’d want to do the typing on an actual keyboard. With this, you’d need WhatsApp Web on a tablet, PC or laptop.
Using WhatsApp Web on a PC or laptop is slightly lesser fun as compared to using it on your smartphone. The advantage here is there is a physical keyboard so typing is really fast. And it is especially helpful if you’re chatting with many people at the same time.
By logging into WhatsApp on a computer, however, you can ensure you are always contactable, especially while you’re at work.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
Also, WhatsApp doesn’t have a version for tablets, so to use it on a tablet, you’d have to go for WhatsApp Web. Let’s get into it.
How to set up WhatsApp Web on Computer
Things Needed: Computer with internet access, your phone logged in WhatsApp.
- Go to WhatsApp’s web interface, web.whatsapp.com.
- There is a giant QR code there (the black and white squares pattern).
- Now open your WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap “Settings” or “Menu” for iPhone or Android, respectively.
- Now hit “WhatsApp Web /Desktop”.
- Press the white + sign on the top right of the menu. This will open your camera so you can scan the QR code.
- Now point your camera to scan the QR code on the computer.
- If it works, your camera will close and WhatsApp Web will open on the computer. If it doesn’t refresh the webpage on the computer and try again.
WhatsApp Web will automatically launch in the browser and will remain active until you log out either on your computer or on your phone.
You can achieve this on your phone by returning to the WhatsApp Web menu and tapping ‘Log out from all devices’, or on your PC by tapping the three dots icon at the top of the conversation thread, then clicking ‘Log out’.
How to use WhatsApp Web on an iPad or Android tablet
Trying to use WhatsApp Web on your tablet can be a little tricky. When you try to log in to WhatsApp’s web interface, you’re prompted to download the app. When you go to the app stores too, you’ll be told the app isn’t available.
Fortunately, there is a way to circumvent this wall. You will request the desktop version of the site on your tablet’s browser. This will show you the webpage as if you’re browsing on a desktop.
How to request a desktop version on an iPad
- On the tablet, press and hold the refresh button at the right end of the address bar.
- A prompt will pop up with “Request Desktop Site” message.
- Tap on the message and the page will refresh and give you the desktop version.
How to request a desktop version on an Android tablet
- With Chrome browser on Android tablets, press the menu button on the browser (the three vertical dots at the right corner of the screen).
- A menu appears with “Desktop Site” with a box beside it.
- Tap the box to tick the option.
- The page will reload and give you the desktop version.
Now that our tablets and iPads are surfing as desktops, we follow the previous instructions for the WhatsApp Web for desktop. You can now use WhatsApp Web on your tablet.